Pulling Out the Savoy Truffle

Reflections on music, literature, politics, and pop culture from retired rock musician, writer, and college professor Jim Booth. Email comments to Jim at jim@jimbooth.org.

Name:
Location: Advance, North Carolina, United States

Monday, September 27, 2004

Nasty/Beautiful

"...put my fist through your steel-framed door...."
Mick Jagger

Saw a quote in a Washington Post column by Michael Kinsley that I found too good not to note:

"My favorite among the Republican mind readers is House Speaker Dennis Hastert, who said last week, 'I don't have data or intelligence to tell me one thing or another,' which is an assertion that no one will disagree with."

Sometimes it's possible to use language in a way that is, as ST's VW correspondent Steve put it, "beautifully vicious...."

JB




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home