Pulling Out the Savoy Truffle

Reflections on music, literature, politics, and pop culture from retired rock musician, writer, and college professor Jim Booth. Email comments to Jim at jim@jimbooth.org.

Name:
Location: Advance, North Carolina, United States

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Whatever happened to...?

"Everyone knew that as time went on he'd get a little bit older and a little bit slower...."
John Lennon

I suppose a few words of explanation are needed.

As most of you know who might read this blog, I spent the last two years of my life as director of the writing program with the University of Maryland University College, splitting my time between the College Park area and my home in NC.

That's all over.

Well, sort of.

As of August 12, I'm now professor of writing and writing consultant for the university. I now telecommute for my job all but two days a month when I visit the campus for meetings, etc.

Yes, it's a sweet deal. I spend almost all my time in NC. This costs me lots less money and allows me to look after my wife who won't look after herself. After a bout with cancer a few years ago (lymphoma) her health gets dicey at times and she exacerbates matters because she has a demanding job and she doesn't set boundaries between work and life very well. So now that I'm back here in NC I can look after her better.

Needless to say, such a big change in career direction takes a lot of time and energy.

So I've been ignoring my blog. But that's all over now.

Look for daily postings (well, close) from here on....

JB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home